So, you’ve made an appointment and are preparing to come in for your float…What do you do? What do you bring? The short answer is: all you need to bring is yourself, and an excited and open mind for what’s to come. Please follow these few tips:
- We will provide you with everything you need, including a towel, shampoo, body wash, ear plugs, lotion, Q-tips, a hairbrush, contact solution and case, a hairdryer, and conditioner.
- We recommend floating without a bathing suit. You will have an entirely private room with a shower…so if you choose to wear a bathing suit, nobody will know!
- Have a small meal an hour or two before your appointment.
- Avoid caffeine for at least a few hours before your float
- Don’t shave for at least 24 hours beforehand. (However, shaving your face is usually not a problem.)
- Show up at least ten minutes early for your first float, or as early as you like thereafter, to receive and introduction to floating.
- Parking is available for you in the parking lot behind the building. If there are no spots, on-street parking is available throughout the neighborhood–however, at times hard to find.